Plan a Successful Movie Event
Plan A Successful Movie Event
Planning your movie event should be an easy process from start to finish. To aid you in the process, we’ve put together a checklist of things to do and consider when planning your program. Have questions? Contact your Account Executive at 1-401-640-4703 for more assistance.
In the months/weeks leading up to your event
- Reserve rooms, outdoor venues and equipment needed for your event (or back-up venue in case of inclement weather).
- Double check the facility for technical requirements.
- Check with Swank Motion Pictures, Inc.® for movie availability. Once your movie order is placed, you will receive a written confirmation from your Swank Account Executive. Check the confirmation for accurate dates, titles and shipping address.
- Plan your ad campaign.
- Mail invitations, emails and/or newsletter.
- Display event signs in your facility or on your grounds.
Two business days before your show
- Has your movie arrived? If not, follow-up with your account executive.
- Test run the entire movie. Check for any issues with the film and your equipment. If you have difficulty with your movie, contact us immediately.
Night of the show
- Announce your next movie and other upcoming events.
- Distribute Thank You’s accordingly.
- Enjoy yourself since you’ve planned a successful show!
- Take pictures of the event
Day after the show
- Bring the movie back to your shipping and receiving office with the return label on the outside of the box.
- If you charged admission for your event, make sure to complete your audience report.
Other things to consider
- Do you need security?
- Will you need a clean-up crew?
- Do you want to have concessions?
- Do you want to use giveaways?
- What type of staffing/ volunteers will you need?
- Could you secure a corporate sponsorship?